Project Name: My Family [DAPP Status/Aragon Networks]. [work in progress]
Type of project: Social Network.
Function: A platform for crowdfunding, shared assets and service management.
Economical Typology: Non-Profit Decentralized Autonomous Organization.
Tags: #Cooperativism #Collaboration #CrossPlatformsProposal #Open Family
Decentralized technology can be seen as a laboratory for common ownership, community building and governance. Even if we don’t know what features the next big social network for the cryptocurrency age, an open family platform that induces altruistic behaviors inside a set of personal relations and needs will have an important role in our society.
This platform embraces many different and important roles of human existence. If on a first level it can be seen as a social game where the goal is to be the founder of happy families, it is also a place for people to share anything with the possibility of managing money and assets. This versatility allows this technology to be adopted by people with very diverse interests and needs.
My Family is a personal self-building community environment with the purpose of managing shared assets and small services between their members.
The family starts when one or more founders decide to crowdfund, share or liberate an asset, within a group, a community, or an intelligent agent.
Some practical examples of families in action
– In Bob’s neighborhood there are three family cars managed on the platform.
– Alice created a family to share her country house (for free or with a fee).
– Bob crowdfunds a house project [to live and co-work] with people with shared interests from all over the world.
– Alice creates a family to crowdfund a solar system to produce electricity in her neighborhood.
– Five families from Amsterdam conjoin into a new family to manage a common space for live music and cultural events.
– A city council decides to attribute the management of a public space [or service] based on proposals made by families.
– Every family has a list of assets that can be donated to other families in need.
– Alice asks for a small loan with no interest, from her most trusted family.
– Bob gives his teenage daughter the access to his common money.
– Bigger families can generate a trusted token to pay for small services among them.
– If Alice needs a babysitter, housing in another city or a service similar to Uber she can find those using the platform.
– Most of the users belong to more than one family. Every NGO, every cooperative, every business has its own family.
Other kinds of open families can be created. The Friendship Family is a frame work where the participants make one list for what they need and another list for what they offer. An automation system matches the results for direct exchanges or more complex ones.
Families can become altruistic agents created by algorithms and machines, their code is open and the altruism is voted by the community. In other À Praça proposals these are referred to as My Family Contracts and they exist to fund social projects in the real world, such as:
• An Intelligent House is made by a set of rules where giving local housing to travelers can pay for the needs of a family of refugees living in the same building.
• Bob assigns a percentage of his last film’s income to be distributed by an intelligent family to pre-university youngsters in Somalia.
• Alice’s testament states that she gives 5% of her assets and money to be distributed to all the machines that have altruistic behavior inside the platform.
If in a first moment humans are the privileged agents inside the system, using and accessing all of its features, as time passes we foresee machine to people and machine to machine connections becoming more frequent.
The most important historical institutions like the Catholic Church, in a certain moment, became technologies to help humans in fragile situations. If we assume that being eternal is a characteristic of blockchains, smart contract agreements can be designed to interfere in the future life of ecosystems and communities. In this context, the last stage of implementation will be dedicated to turn My Family into an Institution to build human-machine sustainable future ecosystems.
Roadmap Step 1
• Create and add new member to a family.
• Create and register new assets in a blockchain.
• Calendar and history for each asset.
• Allocate assets to users according to a calendar.
• Wallet for coins and assets.
• Allocation of assets without owner to other families.
• Navigate family service lists [babysitter, laundry, cars and housing, etc] and validate offers and requests. Reputation.
• One user can manage and interact with different families.
Roadmap Step 2
• Create new tokens.
• Crowdfund common assets.
• Managing common money.
• Managing common spaces/assets.
• Receive global demands for help and answer them.
• Governance tools.
• Allow 3rd party applications to run on top of the platform.
Roadmap Step 3
• Organize tasks in a “to do” list and distribute them to individuals or groups. Validate executions.
• Contracts design to build Altruistic Futures [from people’s donations into agents and from autonomous algorithms/agents]
• Common Games Family, Common Prediction Markets Family, Exchanges Family and other families rewritten from open source projects that can be used to transfer wealth to our contracts.
• Altruistic Meta Platforms Governance [with/for people and other intelligent agents] for example Local or Global Basic Income Pools, Environment Defense Programs.
Economic model. Sustainability
- My Family is a nonprofit DAO in Status/Aragon.
- The founders will support parts of the development of the project.
- 3rd party applications and some transactions will pay a small fee to support the development of the project. My Family governance will decide what fee and where to allocate it.
- In later stages of development a crowdfund can be made to make an Institution to guarantee and defend smart contracts made to be executed in a further future [years/decades] and/or to give initial support/funds to the first long-term altruistic contracts.
The governance model is always in progress and not fixed.
In terms of Philosophy, Organizational and Communication Structure and Meetings we will adopt the rules proposed by GiveETH in https://wiki.giveth.io/dac/governance/
We are awaiting your insights in My Family Forum thank you.